Duration of training:
Secondary school certificate I, good grades in math, physics, technology, chemistryProbationary period:
As a packaging materials technologist (m/f/d) you will learn to produce packaging materials - i.e. packaging for a wide variety of goods, i.e. on our premises: Corrugated cardboard cartons. In detail, this means dealing with computer-controlled high-performance machines, i.e. setting the machine for new orders, changing tools, providing colours, etc. Other tasks during your training include creating packaging designs using CAD (a programme for designing and constructing geometric shapes in order to display them in two or three dimensions) and learning the basics of metalworking. You will pass through all areas of a corrugated cardboard plant, where you will learn about paper processing and the production of corrugated cardboard. Further training contents are print preparation, die making and packaging development. It is therefore a versatile and interesting apprenticeship.The following skills and knowledge are taught during the training:
- Basic knowledge, metalworking (filing, drilling, sawing etc.)
- Corrugated cardboard production
- Development (construction of folding cartons and displays)
- Laboratory (quality control of paper and corrugated cardboard)
- Preparation for printing (mounting plates, mixing inks)
- Print development (prepare printing instructions, order plates)
- Toolmaking (repair of defective tools)
- Corrugated cardboard processing (adjusting the production equipment according to specifications)
Block training, usually 3 weeks in a row at the Vocational School in Elmshorn, Germany. Travel to school, accommodation and meals are paid for.Participation in seminars:
e.g. exam preparation courses, PC trainingFurther vocational training:
Industrial foreman (m/f/d)
State-certified technician (m/f/d)
Graduate engineer (m/f/d)Do you feel spoken to?
) or by post.
If you have any questions on the telephone, our personnel manager - Ms Schlötke - is at your disposal under the phone number 0049 (0) 54 36 / 51 -0.
We look forward to receiving your informative application documentation.
Delkeskamp Verpackungswerke GmbH
49638 Nortrup, Germany